Can't go to BIOS

Amethyst

Solid State Member
Hello. I'm new here and in desperate need of help. I'm sorry for not making a proper introduction on the Introduction area, but this is urgent.

I needed to Format my computer as it has been quite a while since last I did it. And it never takes too long anyway, so I decided to backup my stuff and do it now.

As usual I enter my BIOS and get ready to set my Booting device to the DVD player, but instead I choose another option accidentaly, which I believe it said N/A. I saved it and Exited.

The Computer restarted and then nothing else happened. Just a black screen and my Screen saying: "No sginal". And this is the issue. I cannot access my BIOS and change the settings.

I have also tried resetting my BIOS by using the CMOS Jumper and even removing the CMOS battery but nothing happens. I can't acess my Bios nor can I do anything with my computer. And this is the bigger issue!

I need to finish what I was working on in the max of 24h or I'm going to be in serious trouble.

I would be extremelly gratefull if someone here could give me more options to work with. Any way of reaching the BIOS again?

What type of computer are you using (laptop/desktop)? If it's a desktop, and you bought it off a store shelf, what's the brand/model? If someone built it for you, what's the motherboard model?

It's a dekstop and it was custom built, but not built by me some years ago.

Anyway my Motherboard is the Asus P8Z68-V LX

Sorry for not mentioning this on my first post.

When you jumped the motherboard, did you jump it for 5-minutes with the PSU off and the CMOS battery out?

No. Only for 20 seconds. Does it need to be longer? Most places I saw only recommend seconds off. But I can try 5 minutes.

It can take some time for the IC chips and capacitors on the board to release their stored charge, so yes, leave it jumped for anywhere between five and twenty minutes, with the PSU off, and the CMOS battery taken out (Don't lose it, like I did. :p)

Shouldn't have to leave it on for 5 minutes. What I recommend when clearing CMOS though, is discharging the PSU's stored power prior to removing the battery / using the jumper.

Unplug PSU from wall.
Press power button a few times to drain any stored electricity in PSU's capacitors
Proceed to remove CMOS battery and/or clear using jumpers.

Try Carnage's suggestion. He's got way more experience with this kind of stuff than I do.

Last edited:
I just did and it's still the same. :(

What's making this so tricky to solve. Been already some hours with this like this. :(

Back
Top Bottom