Can't Get a Video Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
Hello, I had a question that I cant seem to find the answer to and thought maybe you could help me. I acquired a P4 2.0 computer from a friend, and am trying to get it to work. The problem is, I cant get a video signal. The monitor I'm sure is operational, as is the video card(Geforce Ti4600), but the motherboard(Intel D850MV) just isnt sending out a signal. This computer worked fine at my friends house, yet now at my house it wont even display a picture. I can only assume that some type of static electricity damaged the motherboard or the video card slot itself is damaged. I tried resetting the motherboard via jumpers but to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Make sure the video card is properly seated in the agp slot. Do you get any video at startup for the bios load? Does you mobo and cpu act as if the bios is loading properly? If the mobo has onbaord video, pull the agp card see if you get video that way. Probably is the Nvida card not the mobo.

Make sure the video card is properly seated in the agp slot.
-Yep, reseated it many many times.

Do you get any video at startup for the bios load?
-No, no signal at all

Does you mobo and cpu act as if the bios is loading properly?
-Really can't tell, if I were going by the sounds then it doesn't seem to change at all, as if it wasn't processing anything.

If the mobo has onboard video, pull the agp card see if you get video that way. Probably is the Nvida card not the mobo.
-No onboard video, this card worked fine in the computer at my friends house, something happened between his house and mine.

Yes the fan starts up, and no no beeps. It did beep 3 times at first, which meant a 64k memory error. So i downloaded the mobo manual off Intel.com and it said to switch the ram to the first 2 slots, and after one reboot it didn't beep anymore. Problem still remained of no video signal, though.

Yes it did work fine at friends house, also I checked the card in my main machine and it worked fine there as well, which leads me to believe that its not the card, but rather the motherboard. Monitor is functioning properly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom