Can't get front case mic to work, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I just got my RMAd motherboard, had to take everything out of my pc to replace it. Problem is I cannot figure out how to get my mic working that I plug in the front of my case. The front audio works, but not the mic, any idea guys? Probably something simple I'm missing, I appreciate any help, thanks always tech-forums.

what type of onboard osund card or normal pc sound card do you ?
Check the sound properties in windows and make sure the mic is either in the back blue port or orange port in the front, take the mute option off and raise the volume on it to 30%.

I don't know what mobo you got, tell us what you have so we can figure out where it goes.

I have an asus p5n-d, antec 900 case. it is plugged in the right spot in the front.. pink. I actually tested it in vent, I can now hear myself when I use the test in vent setup, but it is TERRIBLE quality, VERY staticy, can barely understand myself. This is all through onboard HD audio.
SO, yes I can somewhat hear my mic, but it sounds terrible, something is wrong. its not my mic, mic works perfect on my laptop.

FIXED! the mic was set to +20db boost, caused the mic to sound terrible because it was turned up so much. Thank you anyways mikeFury!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom