Can't Get To bois

Status
Not open for further replies.

pysicburn

Beta member
i have a compaq 5000 i think with a uwave mb. I hook up the power supply,ram,cpu,hd. Power it on and the fan on top of the cpu spins the lights are all on but when i have my geforece card in it just shows a few wavy lines on the monitor. Also the hd light is on but i don't hear anything hd wise. I think it may be stuck at the bios screen the only problem is i can't see because every video card ether shows wavy line or goes into suspend like the card is not plugged in, but i know it is. Can anyone help?

Can you pick a different slot for the card or is it an AGP?

If you take the card completely out and power the machine on, does it beep at you?

Wait.. what do you mean by every video card? Have you tried other ones?

If you have, and you still cant do anything, you can try to flash your bios ona floppy or USB.

yes i have tried every videocard. I get no beeps what so ever. It looks like the machine is tring to think cause the light lashed but i am preety sure the hd is not reading. How Do I flash?

is it COMPLETELY seated. Sometimes you have to give it more pressure than you think. also, do u have onboard video?

To flash the bios, you can go to the motherboards website and look for a new bios, it might be under support or on the product page. youll download it adn follow instructions (wither on the site or when you run the util).. BE CAREFUL.. you can seriously mess up your bios (not that its perfect right now :p )

reset your bios via jumper and see if it boots to "bioos reset by jumper" if it doesn't then sounds like its fried, a bios flash might work but at this point I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom