Cant figure this one out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
So here's my problem. Turn on the computer, mobo screen comes up, microsoft reclusa keyboard turns its lights on, and then bam, in a flash the mobo screen is gone. My concearn is, It happens so fast I cant access my bios page. Is there anything i can do or tweak to fix this nagging problem?

Biostar TP45 HP
Reclusa
Logitech G something mouse
Vista Home P 32
P E5200
HD 4850
650 TX

reset the bios. Make sure the cpu fan is plugged into the cpu header and it spins. If enabled, the bios will shutdown the PC if no cpu fan is detected.

Ok thanks. My CPU fan is plugged in and working fine. By resetting the bios, do you mean clearing the c-mos? If so, Ive done this and it doesnt work. Also, my computer is not shutting down.

Try unplugging one device at a time and see if one or more of them is grounding out the system.

floppy, cd-rom, hard drive, sound card, modem, ram, video, etc...

If you have more than one stick of ram try it with just one and then just the other. If you only have one stick try it in a different slot. As for the video try a different card if you can. If not just pull it out. The system won't work but it should beep if it's getting that far before dieing

I have tried this before. But unfortunately didn't get any results. If I do find a component thats causing some weird electrical problem. How do I fix it? Just to be sure. I want to say that my computer is not shutting off. Everything is fine except for my accessibility to the bios page.

I was reading your post wrong I guess. Sounds like you just have to hit the bios key faster then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom