Can't Delete Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayover

Beta member
I have this folder on my desktop. I uploaded the contents in it to my photoshop, they were brushes and then I went to go delete the folder and I get this cannot delete oddsimage[file name] it is being used by another person or program. close any programs that might be using this file and try again. When I got that pop up I deleted the contents in it, which it allowed me too. I shut down, photoshop, extra folders I had open and tried deleting it again. I get the same pop up. I had asked my friend about this since he knows a lot about computers and I did the whole 'show hidden contents' and opened the folder and there was nothing in it. I don't know why I can't delete it.

Help!

Okay, well first of all this is a software question, not a hardware question.

Second, I'm slightly confused about what you did. You had a folder on your desktop and you... uploaded it to photoshop? Did you move the contents to a photoshop brushes folder?

If Photoshop really isn't using that folder, have you tried restarting?

Or, you could get a copy of DSL linux, Puppy linux, Ubuntu linux, etc and boot from CD, mount your drive (only works on FAT and ext drives, can only read from NTFS) and delete there...since there is no Windows running, there is no Windows to annoy you. I used it on a virus on my Win2000 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom