Can't delete files from Recycle Bin. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Post Can't delete files from Recycle Bin.

Hello, lately I cleaned up my PC (with Windows 10 64bit installed on), basically deleting useless files, folders and other stuff from my computer. I have little tool on my computer installed which is Hardwipe, I'm using it often to hardwipe files from my Recycle Bin and as usual I started my program (I've uploaded program GUI screenshot, link's down below) choosed DOD 5220.22-M process (Three pass; 1. Writes zero bytes (0x00) 2. Writes high bytes (0xFF) 3. Writes pseudo-random bytes) and Started, everything has been deleted, then one week later I cleaned up my PC again, and this time in exact same way there was error, I've saved the log so here it is:

---------------------------------------------
JOB TYPE: Wipe Recycler
Username: whocares
Hostname: whocares
Start Time: 09/03/2019 10:57:41 PM

ANALYZING PATHS...

Recycler: C:\$Recycle.Bin\

Analysis Complete

Recycler Items: 8
Inaccessible: 0
Approx Size: 8 KB

Waiting for user start...

STARTING WIPE...
Scheme: Gutmann
Verification Pass: None

WIPING FILES IN: C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-2921610460-1017596189-15066067-1001\
$I6HW2T0.txt ... OK
$R6HW2T0.txt ... OK

REMOVING PATHS...

TOTALS
Items Completed: 2
Failed Items: 6
I/O Errors: 0 bytes

Summary of Failures
a. Directory not empty
b. Access denied

FINISHED
WARNING: Some tasks were not completely successful
Finish Time: 09/03/2019 10:57:45 PM

It doesn't matter what pass I choose, everytime it's the same, I bought BitDefender some time ago, scanned my PC and deleted all files that was detected as a virus or dangerous, that didn't help, also cleaned up my PC with BitDefender and it's option, and that deleted 2 of those files (I guess) Because when it says:

Items Completed: 2
Failed Items: 6

Before cleaning up with BitDefender it was:

Items Completed: 0
Failed Items: 8

I have no clue what to do, I searched in Google for hours now and I'm afraid of something big right here, so I'm asking you guys, what should I do?

Screenshot of Hardwipe GUI; https://imgur.com/a/HRdBcMb

Old 09-04-2019, 03:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Can't delete files from Recycle Bin.

This is a sign that these files are still read-only. This means that the properties of these files have not been changed before being sent to the Recycle Bin (the Windows delete function only changes the properties/atributes of the files and theit address nad indexes).
This, in turn, means your Windows is out of order. It is damaged.
You must first repair your Windows, and after that you can overwrite these files if removing all the necessary properties from them.
In the future, avoid installing such malware on Your Windows 10 computer as Bitdefender. Use it only in Windows 93 and before.
(I think You know, that such a Windows like Windows 93 have never been.)

Old 09-04-2019, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Can't delete files from Recycle Bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalju View Post
This is a sign that these files are still read-only. This means that the properties of these files have not been changed before being sent to the Recycle Bin (the Windows delete function only changes the properties/atributes of the files and theit address nad indexes).
This, in turn, means your Windows is out of order. It is damaged.
You must first repair your Windows, and after that you can overwrite these files if removing all the necessary properties from them.
In the future, avoid installing such malware on Your Windows 10 computer as Bitdefender. Use it only in Windows 93 and before.
(I think You know, that such a Windows like Windows 93 have never been.)
How can I repair my Windows in this case, I still have pendrive with the same Windows files I used to install on my PC, it will do or should I try something totally different?
I'll admit that I can't really format my HD now, my internet connection is really wack and as a Junior Game Developer, Music Producer and Graphics/Motion designer I need to transfer lots of Gbs monthly, if I would need to format my hard drive, then I also would need to download another hundreds of Gbs of programs (it's unbackupable for me at the moment)

Tags
cantdeletefiles, deletingfiles, hardwipe, recyclebin, windows10