Can't create new folder

mah_zee

Baseband Member
i can't create a new folder in libraries video/picture/music. Already tried the reset defaults also the sfc /scannow nothing works.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 2
Does it give any kind of error message when you try sfc /scannow or Restore Defaults?

Which folder is the default save location for these? Yours or Public?

Music video and Pictures is in the c:\users\public ( right click properties > location)

while documents is in the c:\users\user

You shouldn't be able to create a new folder in a library. A library is a just a collection of filepaths. For example a "music" library may pull data from c:/users/jamie/music and c:/archive/music storage/ that way the library shows media from both locations. If you want an empty folder create the folder anywhere then add it to the library.

You can create a new library and point it to an empty folder and it's about the same really.

In fact i just tried and it let me maybe because my libraries are hardly used and they only point to one folder - so it knew to create the new folder in the only path the library knew to look.

You shouldn't be able to create a new folder in a library. A library is a just a collection of filepaths. For example a "music" library may pull data from c:/users/jamie/music and c:/archive/music storage/ that way the library shows media from both locations. If you want an empty folder create the folder anywhere then add it to the library.

You can create a new library and point it to an empty folder and it's about the same really.

In fact i just tried and it let me maybe because my libraries are hardly used and they only point to one folder - so it knew to create the new folder in the only path the library knew to look.

nah, thanks for replying to this thread i just found a solution. Properties > then set save location. I don't know why but i can create and copy folder now.

Back
Top Bottom