Cant Boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2o

Beta member
My system couldnt boot up. Before i start to switch on my com, the LED in the front panel and the power supply LED start to blink/ Flicker.. No Beep sound and no signal send to the moniter.

Try to press the on/off button, but no different. Plug out all my card and rams, but still the same.

I plug out the power connect to the motherboard and observed that the power supply led light up (no more blinking).

Does that mean that my motherboard is faulty?

I do not have a spare Processor, so i can be sure whether izzit the processor is faulty.

Pls advice. Thank.:)

Well if it used to work and is a recent problem then somethings failed. I would try taking out some RAM first make sure the pc is turned off. Unless you only see 1 stick of ram then you cant test it but if there are 2 take 1 out turn it on see if it works and change DIMM slots etc.

If it still fails to work you could try changing processors as long as the one you have is compatible with the motherboard. It could also be the PSU(power supply) The only way to test that is to buy a new one or lend one off a friend(best option).

Unplug all devices as well the hard drives,cd roms and floppy and see if that works.

Do the fans come on when you turn it on? If the fans are not coming on, power is not going through the board. make sure the 4 pin is pluged in.

If there is power and fans are going and all that jazz. Strip it down to the bear min (onboared vid, one ram stick, take out any PCI cards you do not need, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom