Can't boot from SSD but old HDD, why?

Wildside

Hellfire!
Hey guys. I recently got a Corsair 750D case yesterday at last and moved over everything to the new case. After many hours, I booted up the PC and it keep on restarting over and over trying to go to the login screen. I tried getting to safe mode in Windows 8.1 but F8 is not existed. What I did try however is move over my SATA cable to a different port. I checked BIOS and it doesn't detect the SSD but somehow booting up my old Seagate 1TB HDD OS version. I can see both HDD and SSD are primary (in Safe Mode, btw):

Here is a link to the official ASUS forums of a guy with similar problems as me with the SATA ports:

crosshair v formula z asmedia 106 sata controller

I hope to figure this problem out today. This shouldn't be happening. I will try moving over SATA ports next and unplugging my old HDD too. Here is my new setup in case ur wondering:

UPDATE:

(Idk why I make threads n then fix them quickly) SOooooo...i switched my SSD and one of my drives and unplugged my old HDD and it worked! Sorry for making a thread like this.

Last edited:
What SATA mode is your BIOS set to? Did it get reset to a different mode (AHCI vs RAID vs Legacy)? Is UEFI enabled?

Back
Top Bottom