Can't boot past motherboard screen - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinksAhoy

Beta member
Hi!

I have been having a problem where my computer won't load past the motherboard screen. I temporarily fixed it by unplugging the power supply and pressing the power button a few times to discharge any built up electricity. Then I would press the period button on the numpad and it would bring up a list of hardware connected to my computer with a message at the bottom saying to press DEL to enter Setup Menu, F11 to enter Boot Menu. I would press F11 and it would freeze there, I would reset my computer from there and it would boot normally. Then the same problem happened a few days later and now these two fixes do not work now. I went through and unplugged every piece of hardware one by one to see what may be making it freeze on the motherboard screen and I got down to just the CPU, motherboard, 1 stick of RAM (tried once in each slot), and power supply and it still was stuck on the motherboard screen. What can I do to figure out what is the problem with my computer or hopefully what can I do to fix this? Any help that anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance and here is a list of parts that comprise my computer.

Matt's Computer:
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor
MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a MoBo
XFX XXX Edition P1-650X-CAG9 650W power supply
GSKILL RIPJAW 2GB x 4 sticks = 8GB RAM
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 460 video card
Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Hard Drive
Memorex DVD/CD drive

Also I have removed the CMOS battery for 30 minutes and put it back in and I got to the BIOS and after reconfiguring it the computer restarted and was once again stuck on the motherboard screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom