cant boot into windows/Glitches and artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneTone

Baseband Member
I do believe this is a video card problem but im not entirely sure, while i was playing world of warcraft today the whole game froze and there was all sorts of glitches or artifacts on the screen that forced me to restart, this happened to me twice. After the 2nd time, the glitches on the screen would happen on startup where it would post all my system specs before entering windows, and then when it entered windows (where it has that little moving scroll going through the tube while loading) it would also have those glitches. After that, it normally should boot into windows but this time it shows up "no signal" on the screen and the monitor turns itself off and the green light on the monitor turns to orange, seems like its in standby mode... Thanks in advance.

its most likely the video card like you said, but first you can test the monitor just to make sure by unpluging the VGA or DVI cable from the video card and have the monitor do the self test where you see the multi colored box bounce around and see if the same thing occurs. if not then you know if the vid card. your video card voltage could be off in the bios, or if you tried ocing it, see if thats correct in the bios as well as setting it back to stock if its not.

k ill try that, but its really weird because it just happened out of the blue. The system has been workin for a month.

EDIT: I just restarted and its running normal again...

I didnt change anything yesterday for it to go back to normal. But.... now it happened AGAIN, i tried reinstalling drivers and that didnt work but after installing it, the monitor shut off for a few seconds and turned itself back on, not sure if thats normal. I also tried looking at video card voltages in the bios but I could not find the option. Another thing that happened was yesterday my WoW corrupted when my video card did this, and it corrupted again today. Thanks in advance.

Picture:
http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledkw3.jpg

My 680i board is running fine, never had any of those SATA issues that many people were experiencing but I do have the PS/2 Mouse/keyboard problems. =/ and this problem seems to be happening after a few hours of playing a game not sure why... the fan is running too and the temps are fine and its not overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom