Can't Boot from CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I'm trying to install windows xp pro on a computer that I put together from some spare and new parts. When I try to boot from CD i hit any key then I get a disk read error hit ctrl alt delete.

I've tried using different CD drives. I even tried using my copy of vista instead of xp and I don't even get the boot from CD message with it.

Could something be wrong with my hardware? The hard drive and ram is brand new. The motherboard and CPU worked fine less then a month ago. I tried my previous optical drives and a new one. The video card is old but worked 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions for ideas?

I've tried using different CD drives. I even tried using my ""copy"" of vista instead of xp and I don't even get the boot from CD message with it.

careful what ur saying!i! i dont think thats allowed

-anyway in the BIOS does it recognize the drive(s)?
-do u have the jumpers on right (master/slave)?

You could try to go into bios and set the CD drive to be the first boot divice and if you still have trouble try to disable the hard drive with cd as first boot and when it done installing and restarting gointo bios and enable the hard drive again.I've had to do it that way with older motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom