Cannot read discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShift

Baseband Member
Ok, well i have just installed my new graphics card and power supply and it runs great! However, when i try to run discs, my computer cannot read them and simply says 'Please insert a disc into CD Drive.'

I have a few cables from my power supply that don't seem to go anywhere, so I don't think that's the problem. I have plugged the SATA cable from the power supply into the d drive.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure the drive can definitely take that type of disc? Since the error says CD Drive I assume you're trying to read CDs and not DVDs?

If Windows can see the drive, it is not a power fault. Did you try a different data cable? (SATA, I'm guessing?) Did you try a few different CD/DVDs? To see if it's not just a damaged disc?

No it is not just the single disc as i have now tried 3 different ones. So i'm gona have a look and see if i connected the wrong SATA cable. Will be back soon with results :(

**Eagerly awaiting results**
This is kind of an odd question but just in case:
You don't have a Virtual drive installed do you (i.e. PowerISO, Daemon Tools, etc...)? If so, are you opening the right "CD Drive" in My Computer?
I know it's kind of a dumb question and forgive me if I insult your intelligence, but sometimes, we are too smart for our own good. LOL
I have had a physical drive that is say drive "d:" and four virtual drives "e:, f:, g:, and h:" and they sometimes get mixed up. They shouldn't but with Flash drives and such now, stuff boots in different orders unless it is told to specifically boot to a certain drive letter
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom