Can Sata 1 work on a Sata 2 connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, I have one old Sata 1 Maxtor Drive and will be doing a new build this week. I ordered a Western Digital 250GB Sata 2 drive for primary, and would like to set the old Maxtor up as a slave just to copy over my data. Will the drive work on a Sata 3gb connection just at the slower speed? Will I need to do any BIOS adjustments? Like I said, I just want to copy over my previous data so I'll only need to access the drive for a few hours.

This is the motherboard I will be using.
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Hi All, I have one old Sata 1 Maxtor Drive and will be doing a new build this week. I ordered a Western Digital 250GB Sata 2 drive for primary, and would like to set the old Maxtor up as a slave just to copy over my data. Will the drive work on a Sata 3gb connection just at the slower speed? Will I need to do any BIOS adjustments? Like I said, I just want to copy over my previous data so I'll only need to access the drive for a few hours.

This is the motherboard I will be using.
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

that's the general idea =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom