can run pc game video stress test like butter but..... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Originally posted by RicoDirenzo
There is no problem. You can't see anything faster than 20FPS anyway. Since you are not online gaming, it makes no sense why you are getting video lag. Call Dell. In the future you might want to remember this quote for future reference: "If you want a great PC, buy the components you want and build your own. If you don't care if it works or not, buy a Dell". Their best gaming machine is far less, in quality, than my cheapest build!!!

you are wrong

for DVD,VCD movies, you need 25 fps to fool the eye and you will get the sign of " butterly smooth"

for 3d games, you need at least 60 fps to fool the eye

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13ghz
Gigabyte P35-S3 Motherboard
A-DATA 2x1GB DDR2 800mhz memory
Geforce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
Old 01-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

bonehelm is right it's 25fps. although those frame rates do seem really low seeing as i average up as far as 70fps with "i think" all settings on high down to 20fps at bare minimum on a 6200. granted i don't have AA on though *-) i think my 6200 is just a freak of nature. i really don't know how a 7800 should perform in hl2 all i can suggest is get the latest drivers from nvidia, i think the last ones are december 21st. i bought hl2 last week and i was having some serious issues mostly that the game wouldn't start at all then i got the newer drivers and it works perfectly. rather strange seeing as the last drivers i had came with bf2 and bf2 is newer than hl2 so why would i need even newer drivers than that.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Closed Thread