Can not install Wireless driver for MSI U100 Netbook

Jonny125

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I have an MSI U100 netbook, where I have just reinstalled windows XP Home and all the drivers (including service packs & windows updates) except for the wireless card driver is being a pain. I am certain that it is the correct driver as there is a sticker on the bottom that tells you its wifi cards model, which you then match up to the correct one available on the MSI site.

I can get through the install process fine without any errors or problems from running the setup.exe, but when I go into device manager it says that the Network Controller (wifi) is still uninstalled. I've also tried the windows wizard for finding the driver, it finds the files happily enough when I tell it where to look, appears to take them on happily, but still doesn't actually succeed in installing it :mad:

When the netbook is turned on and windows loads, the found new hardware wizard runs and tries to obtain the driver from windows update though this is always unsuccessful.

Can you think of any thing I might be doing wrong, or a setting that I may have overlooked that could be causing this?

Does this sound like the card itself could have a fault?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom