Can not get power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried my cpu in an older board of mine (ASRockNF6G-vsta) with my same psu and got the same result: no turn. Then I used the same psu with the asrock, an AMD ahtlon 64 x2 3200+ cpu and it turned on without a hitch. But my HDD LED is on, my monitor doesn't get signal from the onboard video, and one 4850 (the asrock has one pci-e), doesn't turn on and has that GPU red light on. I don't have a quality spare PSU around. Just that generic 350w max. I can pick up a different generic psu for $20 if you suggest that.

How much stuff can't get ruined at once in this type of situation? Can everything go?

You can plug that in.. or use a screw driver to jump the terminals.

Just touch both breifly.

oh wow you can turn on a computer with out a power switch? lol Which terminals are you speaking of? I would like to know. It's probably different for each mobo though eh?

oh wow you can turn on a computer with out a power switch? lol Which terminals are you speaking of? I would like to know. It's probably different for each mobo though eh?

Yha, its the 2 pins the start button plug into. So yes its different on every board, but its well documente and marked.

james.wired said:
tried my cpu in an older board of mine (ASRockNF6G-vsta) with my same psu and got the same result: no turn. Then I used the same psu with the asrock, an AMD ahtlon 64 x2 3200+ cpu and it turned on without a hitch. But my HDD LED is on, my monitor doesn't get signal from the onboard video, and one 4850 (the asrock has one pci-e), doesn't turn on and has that GPU red light on. I don't have a quality spare PSU around. Just that generic 350w max. I can pick up a different generic psu for $20 if you suggest that.
\
Wow, looks like you've had alot go wrong..

You've tried so many combos i'm confused.. Wen you had
same psu with the asrock, an AMD ahtlon 64 x2 3200+ cpu and it turned on without a hitch.

Did you get a picture?

Did you try different RAM?

And no, don't a generic psu.. Your old one seems okay, you can doublde check with a multimeter.

the same psu with the asrock, an AMD ahtlon 64 x2 3200+ cpu and it turned on without a hitch. But my HDD LED is on, my monitor doesn't get signal from the onboard video, and one 4850 (the asrock has one pci-e), doesn't turn on and has that GPU red light on.

The monitor just reads "no signal". Also tried an older CRT monitor, same problem. I haven't tried different ram, I don't have any other ram.

I also think one of my gpu's fried with it, the top back corner has a tiny melt and a few black marks. ****. I bet both of them went.

Should I pick up a cheap stick of ram and use it in the asrock/amd 3200+/psu and see if it will post? Is it possible that it took both of my hard drives also? ****.

Yha RAMs cheap. Grab a budget gig stick, and if it works then get better. Extra RAMs Always a good idea to hae around.

You're turns on situation, sounds like when my RAM was bunk.. new RAM and it went fine.

I have some spare 512mb 533mhz sticks here at my office I will take home. So you think that the bad ram is preventing me from getting picture?

What do you think about the GPU situation? Neither one even powers on when sitting in the asrock's pci-e slot, just sits there with a red led towards the front backside of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom