can not format hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwboyee

Beta member
i have had problems with my computer and when i go to properties and try to look at the capacity it shows that it is full. so i then delete EVERYTHING and it is still completely full. i don't know if it is a virus or what. but it won't allow me to download anything or install anything. what can i do? please help

I recommend you find someway of obtaining a floppy or cd that you can boot from that has FDisk on it. Learn how to use FDisk, and see if repartitioning your hard drive helps.

That depends, but I dont think so. FDisk is a program that manages partitions on your hard drive. You can learn about Fdisk at http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/fdisk.htm . Fdisk is a very useful program. I recommend you read up on it before actually writing anything in stone and using this program, because if you mess with partitions too much, your hard drive can get pretty messed up. But Fdisk is a pretty great tool to mess around with. I recommend you learn how to delete the partition that's being weird and then just create another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom