Can i repair my corrupted photos? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can i repair my corrupted photos?

I transferred all of my photos (over 5000) from various sources (SD cards, hard drives, thumb drives) to a hard drive and then deleted the originals. I've since opened them all to edit and delete some. Now everytime I open a folder there are some that have been corrupted and just view as coloured lines. Sometimes the preview looks ok then when i open it on a program its ruined. Every time I open the file again, more and more are doing this. I copied them to my computer,a thumb drive and another SD card but it doesnt matter what I open it from.
I just took the SD card to do a test print and used a picture that viewed perfectly on the screen but still printed with lines through it.
Is there anyway of saving them??? There are hundreds of photos of the birth of our little boy, all of our holiday photos and family photos. I feel sick in the stomach, I copied them all to the one source so I could print them finally so I have hard copies and now it looks i'm losing them all...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAMPLE.jpg (56.5 KB, 0 views)
carina097 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules