Originally Posted by Trotter
Yeah, test the PSU and try a different one in the rig. If you get nothing with a known good PSU I would try swapping out the CMOS battery with another mobo to check that.
Hi Trotter! Long time no talk to you! How are you? Here, keeping busy. Got into ranching and sheep herding. It requires much more time than I realized.
Anyway, the security rig is super important because we need it for all the HD IP cameras. Need to monitor coyote activity here to keep our sheep safe.
Ok, I removed the Seasonic SS660-XP and installed an exact duplicate. Still no power...anywhere.
So sorry, I did not understand your suggestion about swapping out the CMOS battery with another mobo. Please clarify if possible. Are you saying install a new CR2032 CMOS Battery? Is that it?
Dude, I am desperate to get this rig up and running due to security concerns...
Here is what I have done so far:
1. Installed a working Seasonic SS660-XP. Hit power button, no go.
2. Checked voltage coming to the PSU from the wall, good 120v.
3. Carefully checked all PSU wires...all are good.
4. Carefully inspected the MB no burn marks or shorts noticeable.
5. Removed the two wires that go from case on/off switch to MB, and shorted the MB prongs to bypass the case switch...still no go.
I am beginning to suspect the MB, but not sure...
Not sure what to do next, but I am all ears!!!
Please help me out if ya can!