XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
This is what my computer looked like 2 hours ago:

View attachment 5156

This is what it looks like now:

View attachment 5157

And this is the problem:

View attachment 5158

The issue is that the cables on the outside are to thick and there are too many of them to close that panel. I was wondering if it was safe to leave that side open and just close up the other side?

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 83
It'd be okay to do that, but try to get some of the unused psu cables together and put them above the dvd drive. It should get the bundle from behind.

It looks great btw.

Is that a blackbone case? looks very similar to what I have. Even the same power supply too. you can't run the 24 pin mobo wiring through there as you can see your very limited on space behind the mobo plate. here's a few pics of what I have, not perfect but it works for me. Click the thumbnails for full view

As you can see that all the extra cables have to be stuffed above the dvd/cd drive

Yep Rosewill Blackbone I believe its called? Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you have a micro board? Nothing wrong with it or anything it just seems like it would be a little easier with a Micro than with my full size board lol like the look that your 24 pin connector is in i couldnt do that because of a bad angle lol I decided im just gonna leave that side of the case open. It's not effecting anything so im not particularly worried about it

That's a micro-board. For your board you'll need to just run it down along the side of the drive cages and use wire ties to secure it. There are plenty of open slots to tie it down to. It would look nicer if it could go behind the mobo plate but that isn't going to happen with that case if you want the side panel on it

I realized that. It doesnt seem to be a problem with the side of though so I'm just gonna leave it. If anyone who knows more has reasons why it would be a bad idea though I'm all ears.

those cases are o.k. for micro boards....not so much for full size boards :cry:
I knew someone that had a cat....of course kitty sprayed and that was the end of the board, It was a nasty change out and I had to strip the entire case down in order to get that stink out. As long as you don't have kids, cats, dogs or any other critters and aside from esthetics, there's nothing wrong with leaving the side panel off

those cases are o.k. for micro boards....not so much for full size boards :cry:
I knew someone that had a cat....of course kitty sprayed and that was the end of the board, It was a nasty change out and I had to strip the entire case down in order to get that stink out. As long as you don't have kids, cats, dogs or any other critters and aside from esthetics, there's nothing wrong with leaving the side panel off

lmao hilarious!! fortunately im in the basement and my dog is terrified of it for some odd reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom