C Drive randomly full!?!

This is not a format for security purposes, it's to remove the D partition and move that space to C partition....really no need for any scalpels or even an old dull razor blade

This is not a format for security purposes, it's to remove the D partition and move that space to C partition....really no need for any scalpels or even an old dull razor blade

Never said GParted was being used for security purposes; because that's not what it's for - it's an easier to use partition/drive management utility. Select your partition, click delete, grab the handle for the C: drive partition drag it over, click Apply and it will do the queued operations; it also checks the disk for inconsistencies BEFORE doing any of these operations (as far as I know, I haven't seen Disk Management do this).

I'm not the one who made the reference to windows format and scalpels and dirty rags, and I did not make any references to using GParted for security. I only posted what I did because the OP stated has no disks to burn an .iso

I'm not the one who made the reference to windows format and scalpels and dirty rags,

It was a joke on the fact that Windows formatting isn't as good or effecient as 3rd party tools... Calm down man. I believe it was even Trotter that said that one.

and I did not make any references to using GParted for security.
wut?

Yeah you did; no mention of "security" was brought up before your post here:

I only posted what I did because the OP stated has no disks to burn an .iso

And I gave an alternative to burning a disc, by using a spare flash drive and UNetbootin to make a bootable flash drive.

But whatever, you can do it your way and I'll keep doing it my way like I'm sure we both have been for years. OP can do it however he likes.

Serious mis-understanding...imagine that happening in the webs?....naw.
That was stated for the reference about your statement to windows format, as to working like cleaning a scalpel with the dirty rag, (not being good for security) it had nothing to do with GParted. Why would you make that kind of reference to windows format if it was for anything else but security? Formatting a windows partition just for the sake of deleting a partition and moving that space should have nothing to do with scalpels and rags unless your intending something for security purposes.
I have nothing against using GParted, I've used it myself and it's a great program with a very easy to use interface. Do get your panties in a wad over another possible suggestion

Last edited:
Serious mis-understanding...imagine that happening in the webs?....naw.

That was stated for the reference about your statement to windows format, as to working like cleaning a scalpel with the dirty rag, (not being good for security) it had nothing to do with GParted. Why would you make that kind of reference to windows format if it was for anything else but security?
It wasn't intended to be stated in regards to security; just the fact that a dirty scalpel wouldn't be as good as a clean scalpel. Which what I meant by that. Obviously both tools will work - but work with what you have access to. And if you have access to a better tool, IMO it should be used.

Formatting windows just for the sake of deleting a partition and moving that space should have nothing to do with scalpels and rags unless your intending something for security purposes.

Never said anything about formatting the Windows partition either, so not sure where you got that from.

I have nothing against using GParted, I've used it myself and it's a great program with a very easy to use interface. Do get your panties in a wad over another possible suggestion

They are still quite untwisted :p. Never was getting riled up about it lol.

Never said anything about formatting the Windows partition either, so not sure where you got that from.
If you read the link I posted, it suggested formatting the partition, and deleting the partition to make unused space and then moving that space to the C partition, this works. I've seem multiple posts to using GParted but was only adding another possible solution because of the issues the OP was having with creating a bootable disk, There's more one way to get the same results
Actually....the OP should march right back down to best but and demand they fix his pc right like it was supposed to be the first time and never return to those incompetent boobs again. They screwed up his pc so it should be the geek squirts that fix it for N/C

Last edited:
If you read the link I posted, it suggested formatting the partition, and deleting the partition to make unused space and then moving that space to the C partition, this works. I've seem multiple posts to using GParted but was only adding another possible solution because of the issues the OP was having with creating a bootable disk,
I did read it but the approved solution post never mentioned formatting the Windows partition; just the partition you want to get rid of, deleting it, then extending the C: partition into the unallocated space (which is what would be done with GParted as well). I just prefer GParted because it's a much nicer UI than just going through a Wizard - it's easier for me to use because of the visualizations of the partitions during the resize/modification operations.

There's more one way to get the same results
Actually....the OP should march right back down to best but and demand they fix his pc right like it was supposed to be the first time and never return to those incompetent boobs again

I would agree, but I'd also say avoid them even now because if they couldn't even do a proper job at creating the partitions on a new Windows install... who knows what idiotic thing they'd do when they try to resize the partition (it is Geek Squad we're talking about, after all) :lol:.

I'm not seeing where it suggests that Windows be formatted, just the recovery partition in that link....I do admit that it's not the best link to explain how to move space to extend the Windows partition

I'm not seeing where it suggests that Windows be formatted, just the recovery partition in that link....I do admit that it's not the best link to explain how to move space to extend the Windows partition

The link you posted didn't; but you did which is why I was confused as to why it was brought up:

*snip*

Formatting windows just for the sake of deleting a partition and moving that space should have nothing to do with scalpels and rags unless your intending something for security purposes.

*snip*

Back
Top Bottom