Buzzing noise while playing games

explicit123

Solid State Member
When I am playing games i get a really loud buzzing noise for a second or two, and my audio sometimes cuts out and I need to restart the game for it to come back, this is really frustrating. I've updated all my drivers still the same. Help would be appreciated.

You don't need to make another thread, it'll all get seen at the same rate. When I'm at work I sometimes only have time to reply to one at a time.

Will need your power supply as well.

Will also need to know what audio setup you're using. Onboard? USB? Headphones through the back? Headphones through the front?

Audio issues like what you described can be a multitude of things. A ground short, bad PSU, bad quality PSU with 12v drooping, CPU overheating, internal case temp too high causing codec chip to overheat (not likely), bad drivers, or just a bad onboard audio solution from the factory.

Is this issue new? Is this a new build?

You don't need to make another thread, it'll all get seen at the same rate. When I'm at work I sometimes only have time to reply to one at a time.

Will need your power supply as well.

Will also need to know what audio setup you're using. Onboard? USB? Headphones through the back? Headphones through the front?

Audio issues like what you described can be a multitude of things. A ground short, bad PSU, bad quality PSU with 12v drooping, CPU overheating, internal case temp too high causing codec chip to overheat (not likely), bad drivers, or just a bad onboard audio solution from the factory.

Is this issue new? Is this a new build?

I have a CX 450M power supply and I built my PC in late october and it has occured on and off ever since. I'm using headphones through the front panel on my NZXT s340 Elite

Use the trial version of AIDA64 to do a stress test on the CPU and lmk what your temps are after 5-10 minutes of running it.

Edit: While you're at it run the stress test on the GPU too (Making sure it's actually running by watching GPU temps rise) and tell me what the 12v says on the voltage tab.

Edit2: Also, try plugging directly into the back if you can and see if the same issue occurs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom