Burning Sensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about a computer here, right? When you say 'burning sensation', could you elaborate on that? Hot to the touch, flames shooting out of it, who made the power supply, and how old is it? It could be that it is starting to go, and will need to be replaced.

I thought this was going to be a thread on a burning sensation while peeing because you were drunk the night before and had sex with a fat pig.

Lol nice Shawn but its coming from my computer. I have a AG2 480W Psu and its been decent for the year ive had it. It all started when my dad put my computer upstairs, on in 110 degree weather for like 10 horus. I went up there and smelt something burning. Quickly thinking I brought downstair to aircondition and left it off for 1 hour. I then turned it on and every now and then when its semi hot out I smell palstic burning from what seems my psu. It is warm to the touch and it does blow out fairly hot air.

Well, if you are smelling a burning plastic from inside there, that is DEF. not good. Personally, I would take out the PSU, open it up, and see if anything is lodged in there... possibly a wire's insulation is being burned by a hot component. JUST BE CAREFUL, and make **** SURE that you have the PSU unplugged before you do anything... Don't mess with power, just be real careful if you open it up.

If you have the funds, I would just go pick up a new PSU.... I recommend the Antec TruePower series. My old PC uses a TruePower 430, NEVER had a problem with it... Got it on Jan 3rd, 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom