Burning Multiple Dvd's at Same Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeRoGoD

Beta member
I just got a new computer, (dual 2.8ghz, 1024ram)with a dual layer 16x burner. i decided to put my old burner as a second drive so i could burn 2 dvd's at once and save a load of time. i tried it, but each burner slows down to a steady 3x write speed. first drive is 16x, second drive is 4x. i'm using dvd decryptor to write my image files. i'm curiuos to what the problem is. i'm running both off the same ide cable, could this be the problem.. could i buy a second writer to run off my usb 2.0 or Sata port, and have both run at top write speeds? please help! .. thanks

By using 2 drives at the same time on the same IDE lead you are causing a bottleneck on your system. Yes you can get a USB DVD-RW but im not sure about the speed if your using both at the same time.

i emailed Gateway and they said that buying more ram would definately increase the speed of each dvd burner burning simultaneously...

does this sound about right??? or a bid to possibly give them more money if i stupidly decided to buy ram off them instead of a cheaper ram store.. lol

they are full of crap. burners hardly use any ram in modern systems because of the speed of DMA access and on board buffers. the only way it will work is if the burners are on seperate IDE channels. do you have an IDE hdd or only SATA? if there is no IDE hdd then put them on seperate channels. now would be a good time to point out that burners rarely reach there labelled speed ratings.

sata only hdd... but there's only 1 ide channel... on an 8x dvd+r it'll get a max speed of 6x if burning only one dvd... if i start 2 at the same time, both will only reach max of approx 3.5x.. would a sata burner help possibly ? one on ide, one on sata? i have no idea.. thx for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom