burner thats never worked from day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
all the info about my rig is in my sig:

it'll burn CDs, but theres always little clicks and pops in the recording. i've burned a couple movies in the past and alot of coasters too. today i tried to burn some of my apple lossless files to a backup dvd... it fails everytime at 3%. im' using roxio 7 came with the burner.

worst experience i've had with hardware, any ideas?

Get a new burner if this thing is giving you trouble.
Try getting a firmware update if they have any.
The burner doesn't like your disc.

too late to RMA

Now it may be, but if it never worked properly at all, why did you keep it? I just RMA'd my DVD burner about 2-4 weeks ago. I originally bought it back in July/August. How old is this thing? It is probably covered under newegg's warranty or the manufacturer warranty.

There's obviously something wrong with the drive. Unless you can RMA it for a new one, you're probably screwed.

What model is it? I have a Plextor PX-755A. Is your firmware up-to-date? What brand and type of media are you using? Also, I don't use Roxio (don't like it), so you may want to try using a different burning program. I'm currently using Ashampoo Burning Studio 7. What speed are you burning things at? In the past, when I've had problems with burners giving me audio CDs with clicks and pops, limiting the burning speed solved the problem. IIRC, the magic number was either 4x or 8x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom