Burner/CD recognition problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ080

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm having some pretty frustrating problems with my laptop's CD/DVD ROM drive. Every time I insert a blank CD-R say to burn something, my disk drive keeps making strange buzz-like beep noises and doesn't perform any action (usually it asks me what I want to do). It has never done this before and just started recently for who knows why.
Also when I go into iTunes and click burn CD or something it says to insert a disk...when there is already one in there! (yes it's blank). This happens with both blank CD-Rs and already burned CD-Rs...it's just like it can't regognize the disks all of a sudden, and I've used this brand (Sony) forever and it worked before.
Any ideas? Thank you.

Sounds broken if you ask me, the laser may of become unaligned. Does it recognise normal CD's such as music and games (Retail Bought Versions) ?. If not i would think its damage, has it had any nocks to it lately ?.

I tried a bunch of other things and a game didn't work, neither did store bought cd's...hoever for some reason it plays store bought dvd's just fine.
Thanks for the reply.
Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom