Built System Not Working At All

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely gutted the system this afternoon. I took it completely apart, and did an out-of-case installation, by the manual, instruction for instruction. I made sure all necessary power cables were installed, etc. etc. I flashed the BIOS as well (both by using the CMOS clear jumper and removing the battery for a few hours). I put the system back together, and same deal. No video output, what seems like a normal post, with a single beep.

Any other suggestions? I am completely stumped and immensely frustrated.

As an update, I bought new RAM today and put it in (240-pin DDR2-667 1 GB) and took the old memory out, and still nothing. A single beep and no video output.

can you get into bios?
if so, get into and vanilla set your ram...ie., basic and perfect matching your ram

I don't think your ram is bad, but a setting in bios might be

Success! It turned out that in addition to the motherboard being grounded my problem was that I needed a VGA connection to the monitor rather than a DVI. The POST problem was because I needed to go into BIOS and set the RAM speed (which I could do once I could see the screen....).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Question! xD Sorry kind of wondering a bit about why you bought a baracuda 1tb... I hope you got that on sale or you just have a lot of cash on you so spend so much... and yeah call me stupid for this but are you selling that 1 gb of ram? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom