Built new PC monitor not showing bios at all new start up?? please reply soon! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to Northelim
Default Built new PC monitor not showing bios at all new start up?? please reply soon!

Hello I just built a new pc with a Radeon HD 5970 , i7 920 intel processor, and a 880 watt psu. When I boot it up everything seems to work fine....expect the Bios Appearing And Display on the screen...

Checklist -

1 - LED Works - Yes

2 - POST Beeps once - Yes

3 - Fans Work - Yes

4 - Mobo LED/Video Card has LED on (Mobo blue, Video Card Red, ) - Yes

5 - Heatsink works = Yes

6 - Monitor Finds Signal - Yes

7 - USB Works fine , tested with charging a phone and wireless keyboard (LED was lit)

8 - Blu Ray Rom Opens/Closes LED light - Yes

9 - I receive a signal on Monitor - Yes

Issues

1 - No POST message , nothing on the monitor at all all blank , can't move on, nothing on the screen at all Just pure darkness...

My video card has 2 monitor ports, it also has an adapter for DVI, PC, and HDMI, i tried all none work..

I will give rep to all the people that can help me with this issue!

Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Built new PC monitor not showing bios at all new start up?? please reply soon!

reseat gpu. reconnect all psu cables into it.

what mb? have you tried different pci-e slots on your board?

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 01-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Built new PC monitor not showing bios at all new start up?? please reply soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefemeister View Post
reseat gpu. reconnect all psu cables into it.

what mb? have you tried different pci-e slots on your board?
what do you mean reset the gpu, how? Re-insert the video card?

This motherboard by the way...

Newegg.com - EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

And no i have not tried other PCI-E Slots
Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

with that board the pci-e slot closest to the cpu is the x16 slot so that is the preferred one to use. You could try some of the other ones to see if that slot is bad. If it is bad send it back.

reseat = pull the card out and put it back in.

I see you have a 880watt psu. which one is it? does it have a 6pin 75 watt and a 8pin 150watt pci-e connectors to connect to your gpu?

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefemeister View Post
with that board the pci-e slot closest to the cpu is the x16 slot so that is the preferred one to use. You could try some of the other ones to see if that slot is bad. If it is bad send it back.

reseat = pull the card out and put it back in.

I see you have a 880watt psu. which one is it? does it have a 6pin 75 watt and a 8pin 150watt pci-e connectors to connect to your gpu?
Yes those are connected, here is my PSU btw Newegg.com - XCLIO DIAMONDPOWER 880W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Closed Thread