Built new PC, on 2nd Mobo, still no video display! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in the same boat, no POST... I suspect your CPU is likely toast. You said you used an aftermarket CPU fan from Newegg.... What kind of thermal paste did you use (if any) between the CPU heat spreader and the bottom of the heatsink??

i used the compound that came with the fan, it's really small lettering on the packaging but i think it says "T Sink Compound" made by EZBOND. i also bought some extra for later use if need be which is "Ceramique" by Arctic Silver and i also just got a new shot of paste that came with my 3rd mobo from intel which looks to be their own brand.

o, gotcha, i wasn't sure if u were checking the brand or what. thought maybe that some brands didn't work correctly or something like that, but i doubted it because i don't think you can make thermal paste much differently than other manufacturers.

so what's the deal with your pc that you're in the same boat? do u know for sure that it's ur CPU?

so i got my new CPU from tigerdirect. put it in, reconnected everything, and still NOTHING! so to recap, i now have my 3rd new motherboard, my 2nd new PSU, and my 2nd new CPU, something is not right here, i've have a bunch of my buddies look at it and they're not sure what to think. does anyone have any idea? this is very frustrating, especially for being my first real build! everything is brand new...

so i got my new CPU from tigerdirect. put it in, reconnected everything, and still NOTHING! so to recap, i now have my 3rd new motherboard, my 2nd new PSU, and my 2nd new CPU, something is not right here, i've have a bunch of my buddies look at it and they're not sure what to think. does anyone have any idea? this is very frustrating, especially for being my first real build! everything is brand new...

R U using the standoffs that came with the mb? If not, you're probably shorting the mb everytime. Try another elect.outlet? Good luck

the outlet works fine. i use the same one to run another computer when i'm not working on this new one. also i've been using the standoffs for the last few mobos. i shorted the first one out by not using them but i know better now.

so while testing out a few ideas i blew up yet another PSU. i ordered a new one and it arrived a few days ago. RECAP: 3rd mobo, 3rd PSU, 2nd CPU. hopefully everything is working now.

put it all back together and still no display but everything else seems to be running fine. took it apart a few times and still nothing. rebuilt it out of case again, still nothing. as a last resort i took it in to work with me and asked one of my buddies to take a look at it, we went through the same processes and still had no result. i left the room for a few minutes to do something and he called me back to his office. he said he got it working. i asked him how, he said "i really honestly don't know, i took it apart again and put it back together piece by piece as usual and it worked somehow." so magically it started working for someone else while i wasn't in the room, go figure. the only thing that we can figure is that the mobo isn't correctly grounded in the case because the one corner seems to wobble even though i have all the screws tightly tightened to the risers that are tightened to the case.

FINALLY IT HAS STARTED WORKING, now i get to start setting it up! Thanks so much for all your help everyone!!! time for me to have some fun with my new toy!

Wow dude I'm sorry to say but I lol'd at your thread several times... namely when Intel told you to hold a screw driver over the pins and it shorted out! What was up with that? lol. I'm really glad you got it working though, my friend has a similar problem with a comp he is trying to build, he also has the fx-5200 and he can't get a display... we can't firgure out the problem but from this thread I'm guessing he has either faulty components or a bad connection somewhere idk.

At least your mom can finally play Sims 2 now :)

lol..im glad you got everything working.
I had to go through 3 mobos and 2 psus with my build
a lot of hectic.
I also forgot an d didnt know about the stand offs, i think some case manuals need to have better descriptions on how to install them.
But in the end, its good that you got everything working,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom