Built new computer but it won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plug going into my hard drives has 3 plugs in total, 1 going into the motherboard and the other 2 going into 2 hard drives.. theres no more for my cd drive!

oh actually it is a dvd.. but either way i guess i have to choose, is there anyway i could use 1 IDE connector for all? like have some sort of extension cable to add more plugs?

Thank you guys for all your help I've managed to get a lot of problems fixed and learned a lot from all of you. Unfortunately I still have some problems, I have managed to make the computer work! yay! I purchased a 500W power supply and it just worked like magic.. I now have a SATA 250GB Hard drive also, so I don't have to worry about IDE devices other than my cd drive, I have a dvd drive but for some reason the cd holder won't eject out so i had to use my cd-drive. But i did boot it up, and now it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" which is driving me crazy. The first thing I see is 3 options 1. Press F2 to go into setup 2. Press F11 to go to boot menu 3. Press..something else i forget, to switch screens... I have gone into setup many times, and tried to boot from CD and i dont really no what to do.. Any help? I have a CD that came with the motherboard, so i tried that.. and I also tried using my Windows 7 Installer CD to install windows, but its the same. Is it because Im using a CD-Drive instead of a DVD?? Help?

Yeah thats what i thought i just didnt wana go out and buy more stuff without knowing. Thank you all very much Im pretty excited to have this up and running. Thanks again for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom