built my first computer, so i don't know source of my problem. help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emceenugget

Beta member
the best way i can describe the problem is that it looks like jpeg artifacting occurs on most objects (only to the right however), and very noticeably on the darker backgrounds. image quality seems to be pretty crappy as well. these are the parts i bought. not sure which ones would affect it, so i included it all.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I945GZME-RH
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6300
RAM: Ultra, 1 gig
Sound Card: Turtle Beach Riviera
Video Card: 3D Fuzion GeForce 6200 LE
Monitor: Acer AL1916W

Thanks for the help, if anyone nobody's what's wrong (and hopefully if it's fixable)

just for the sake of it could you post a picture of the problem.

it does sound like artifacting and the video card should be the problem.

1. faulty video card
2. driver problems
3. overheating
4. power problems

solutions:
1. replace the card
2. update the drivers
3. make sure the fan on the card is running or if it has no fan install one, make sure no wires are obstructing the video cards cooling.
4. plug in any power cables needed, possibly replace the power supply.

i would also like to know if you get the problem in 2D mode (outside of games), 3D mode (games) or both?

ugh... i was about to post a screenshot i took... til i realized that its the display that's messing up so that the screenshot is actually normal =/. i havent tried anything in 3d yet cuz ive been bogged down with school starting, but the problem occurs with desktop icons, the mouse, the left side of the screen, text in the start menu, and so forth.

i think i musta broken something on my video card cuz nothing's even adjacent to it in my case.

do you know what the best drivers to use are for my card? i've used the ones supplied by nvidia, but nothing seems to change in terms of the problem.

i'm gonna look at it closer tomorrow night, so i guess i'll be back then

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom