Built a computer and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheatinjory32

Solid State Member
I just built a computer last night, it has a old amd k6-2 300mhz and today I decided to put a cd burner in the computer today. I put the cd burner in and turned the computer on it goes to this black screen and a little key symble is up in the left corner. I can type and when i press enter it says that i enterd the wrong password and the system is halted. I removed the cd burner and still the same problem. I also tried taking out the battery and that did not help, I even removed the hard drives and still the same thing. Any help will be greatley appreciated.

sounds like somehow the BIOS password got enabled. is it possible you worked a little to late on it last night and accidentally turned on the password in BIOS. i have no idea of a way around it without the password so unless you can crack it you may as well ditch the motherboard, probably the simplest thing to do seeing as its a super socket 7. ive pulled several working socket 7 motherboards off the side of the road and can buy second hand ones for like $5-7 australian which is like $3 US. just get a new motherboard if you can't get the password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom