Building new PC... and I can't access BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RAM definitely works, since we tried it in a different motherboard and it was lightning fast.

How can I find out what the proper voltage I need is? I thought RAM could "de-clock."

A gentleman on another forum suggested the following...

"The 875p-t typically ships with an old bios chip. It does not support 600 series CPUs. You need to get a new bios chip from DFI. They were happy to send me mine by three day fedex, they just ask that you return the old chip to them so that they can use it as a free update for others. As an alternative, if you have an older 775 cpu around you could use that to boot the board - and then flash the bios to the latest version."

It seems feasible to me. I think I'm going to give them a phonecall and see what happens.

Makes me just want to run right out and buy a DFI Lan Party Mobo!! Yikes!!!! That is piss poor quality control, if you ask me.

I have to agree, although their tech support was lightning quick. I sent out an email explaining my situation, and I included my phone number at the bottom of the email. I sent this out at 7:12pm. At 7:19pm I recieved a phone call, and they told me they would immediately send out a replacement BIOS chip via FedEx, and that it would be at my house by Thursday. Approx. 10 minutes later I recieved an email from the same gentleman that I spoke with on the phone, and he said that FedEx had already picked up the parcels for the day, and that he would send it out tomorrow, so I'll have it by Friday.

So, I'm very impressed in that respect.

Well......if you produce a faulty product.....they did the right thing...guess I'll have to curb my criticism!

I got the new BIOS chip last night. Installed it (after some confusion as to how to actually get it out) and everything works wonderfully - just as it should.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out. I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom