building new pc(first build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamically_pro

Beta member
Hello,
I am building a new system, and have had many strange thiing happen when I tried to load windows.

here is what happened in steps.

1. I only put the basic stuff in that I needed first, when I tried to load windows, I got many blue screens, saying check ram, or disbale the L2cache or disbale the shadowing opton in the bios.

2. I tried a different cpu, know to work, and I have tried 3 different new sticks of ram.

3. I finally disbaled the L2cache and got windows loaded, but the pc continues to reboot itself over and over again.

4. I looked at the ECS website, and got a stick of ram they say works for this mobo, but when I install it, the pc just keeps beeping.

5. I am thinking that this new mobo is bad. What does anyone think about this please?

system specs:

755-A2 mobo socket 754

AMD 3100+ cpu

1 gig of ram

120 G hard drive

asus Nvidia TI 4800 SE video card 128 mb
---------------------------------------
well I took mobo out, and laid in box, everything seems to be ok, has not rebooted. I did notice that whenI got ready to take mobo out, it was missing 2 or 3 screws on the mobo to hold it in.
Not sure that this is the problem. I also am wonding if the ata raid card I installed to hook up 2 other drives could be the problem.
I checked temp, of system in the case and outside the case, all seem ok.
really wonding if the grounding is the problem. Should I hook up everything, I want to run in the pc, and leave mobo in box, and see what the results are?
I also did set bios at deflaults, and shorted the jumpers

well, I am sorry, but I am wrong, my pc is starting to reboot itself againeven when mob is laying in the box, I think I have a bad mobo, or bad ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom