Building new Computer - is my new Hard Drive bad?
We got all the parts from NewEgg.com today, and assembled everything. I started up the PC and went to the BIOS screen. The Hard Drive was recognized in SATA 1, and the DVD Drive was SATA 2.
So we went to the Windows XP setup, and it didn't recognize any hard drive on the system? We turned off the PC and went and re-checked the hardware connections, etc. We got the same error??
So we took the PC down to Geek Squad, and they confirmed everything was connected properly. They were going to charge $100 for a diagnostic, so I took it back home and turned on the PC again hoping it would fix itself, haha.
However now the BIOS is NOT recognizing the Hard Drive, it just lists the DVD drive. On startup it says "Detecting IDE Drives" and only shows it is detecting the DVD Drive?
Also, the Hard Drive is making a faint beeping sound and is a bit noisy? What could be the issue. Is this a bad hard drive?
Here are the system specs:
- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
- LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30
- Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model
- GIGABYTE GA-EG41M-S2H LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
- ASUS EAH4670/DI/512M/A Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card
- Antec Basiq BP500UB 500W ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply
Enermax Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16Ghz - OC'd at 4.13Ghz Stable
ASUS P5B Deluxe P965 Motherboard
Zalman 750W Modular Power Supply w/ Heatpipe Cooling
Zalman 110MM 2 Ball CPU Cooler
eVGA GeForce GTX285 1GB Graphics Card
G.SKILL 6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers
SCEPTRE 22" Widescreen HDTV LCD
Wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1
SAMSUNG SpinPoint 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s