BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
Keep getting BSODs on my HTPC. I often get messages like "... cannot be found in the memory".
When I try to run memtests, the computer usually BSODs and shuts down before it finishes, but from what I've seen, there have been no problems. I also tried switching the RAM slots.

Can't run a full scan with malwarebytes without it BSODing.

The hard drive is 2TB which I do not have backed up, otherwise I would try to reformat. I don't even have the option of backing it up since it would just BSOD after a minute of file transfers anyways.

Ideas?

Installed, but it wouldn't even let me run it.

Also, sometimes when I boot up it says my Windows isn't authentic.

Get HWMonitor to run.

It sounds like your OS installation is messed up if you can't run HWMonitor and your system is saying your OS is not authentic.

Alright, got it to run. For the record, I haven't been touching it much for the past couple days and it hasn't blue screened. I did a couple file transfers over the network and no blue screen. Maybe it was just a temporary heat issue, but I'm still not confident that "everything is ok".

I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking for here, so maybe you could tell me if everything looks correct...
4GiKr.png

Your temps and voltages look OK. Your CPU is really chilly, do you have Cool & Quiet enabled in the bios? I would disable it and see if it helps to stabilize the system.

I would try to run memtest again now that it's more stable. Run at least 2 passes if you can.

Run a memory test through dos tbh lol.

If you do have a memory problem and can luckily boot into windows, its natural you would crash and die when trying to load more programs using that memory.

there are a few tools you can run from a disc rather than windows to test memory which may get you better results.

Disc tools you can download are ultimate boot disk or hirens 7.1 (google them) they are freeware tools ran off a disk to test memory, cpu, hard-drive etc and tons of other cool stuff that no tech should be without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom