BSoD when un/plugged headphones in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhade

Beta member
Hi, I got a BSod when i plugged in my headphones, why is that?. I tried to restart my comp with the jack plugged in and it wouldn't booted up. When I took the jack out it booted up. But not a few minutes later another BSoD came up (without the jack plugged in). I tried to restart my computer but it wont boot up. Any suggestions.

Specs:

AMD 64bit proccessor

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

have you ever used those headphones on the system before? i would hate to think that the people that made your pc jacked in your front audio ports into the wrong pins on the motherboard. if you get it to boot up try another pair of headphones on the pc. BSOD like that usually points to faulty ram though.

the only other thing i could think of is if you are plugging your headohones into an addin sound card behind you pc and the card is slack or not correctly placed into the pci slot. that little movement could short circuit pins in the pci slot.

Thanks for the reply. I think it might be that the sound card is loose in the PCI slot when i tried to hook up the headphones. Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom