BSOD problem. I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethants

Beta member
I recently got a new HP pavillion i7 desktop. It has an nvidia geforce 550 graphics card. Whenever I run anything slightly graphically intensive, I get blue screen of death. Diagnostics have turned up nothing. I dont know what to do. Heres the dmp. file I got after PLEASE HELP - Pastebin.com PLEASE HELP. If you want a better version of that file, I can email it to you. I appreciate it SO much.

Yeah that isnt a Dump File. You didnt load it up properly cause it isnt showing anything. You need to upload to SkyDrive or any other hosting service and link us to that. We can then analyze it from there.

My guess would be bad drivers. That is the cause more often than not.

I played minecraft for literally 2 minutes and my computer crashed. You don't think that it's an overheating issue? And I'll post the file later. Could you confirm what the issue was from that file?

What is the BSOD STOP*** code listed when it crashes.

Post a screenshot of HWMonitor if you think it might be a heat issue.

Go to start, type in the dialog and hit event viewer, it will open up a small tree list,hit event log views.
Next, click on the system event tab, double click it and start to read from the top to the bottom and look for any Red X with a error or Exclamation mark beside it.

From there it will tell you what happened and give you the memory dump error code which slay and Mak was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom