BSOD Once (Clock Interrupt Secondary Processcor Message) - No Bootup Since

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewasp

Solid State Member
I recently upgraded to a new machine and 4 days into using it, I got a BSOD saying "Clock Interrupt On Secondary Processor Not Received Within Allocated Time Limit". Stop code error was 0x101.
System has had 2- 3 hours light use total and 10 min of the Unigine Heaven Benchmark at full with constant 60 fps roughly and no less than 30 fps. Software installed at start was minimal drivers and soundcard utilities. Installed Software now is basic generic software that most PCs have.
The BSOD has appeared once and the system has failed to boot since. The system resetted itself after the BSOD and tried to boot up again. Only to completely freeze on Windows 7 glowing logo screen. Screen flashes momentarily and then shows last image that was sent to it. At same time HD Activity completely stops and a loud electrical buzzing/squeaking sound comes directly from the motherboard side of the PSU which is located at bottom of case.
System first started up Saturday before last and failed the following Thursday. With no success since. I've unplugged everything but the Keyboard, Mouse and Screen.
I've seen other cases on AMD processors (in other forums) and x64 Windows but not on Intel processors.
I initially thought this was an OS issue but a system repair with and without restore failed miserably. One problem signature in Solution Sender Was -NoRootCause.
Could this be a BIOS related issue at all.

System Specs - System Is Not Over/Underclocked In Any Way

- Windows 7 Professional x64
- 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i7 @ 3.2 Ghz - HT And TB At Default Status
- 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 MHz @ 1600 Mhz
- Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard (BIOS Revision Unknown) With SupremeFX X-Fi Soundcard
- Crossfired XFX ATi Radeon HD5870 1GB @ Default Clocks (Drivers From Dec 09 Or Jan 2010)
- Dual WD Velociraptors 300GB
- 1010 Watt PSU
- Coolermaster HAF 932 Case
- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard
- Logitech Cordless Click Optical Mouse And Logitech G7 (Disconnected)

System is completely inactive at the moment and I'm writing this from my older system which is Core 2 Duo E6850, Vista Ultimate x64, 6gb DDR2-1066, Radeon HD 2600XT, Raptor X Clearcover 150gb and Velociraptor 300GB.

It could be the core voltage but shouldn't the CPUs be at correct voltage from the production facility anyway. I cant really increase the Core voltage because the system is under warranty.
However I didn't build this system and instead had the system custom built. The CPU heatsink is Coolermaster V8 which when i checked the reviews was given a good rating overall. It's possible the heatsink could have been incorrectly installed or the thermal paste wasn't correctly applied.
At the same time, it could be the BIOS because the board was released before the i7 960. So the BIOS may be out of date.

Thanks for the referral to the Overclocking guide. If it is the Core voltage or the heatsink. I'll have to chase it up with the manufacturer.

I could be wrong applied heatsink or not up-to-date BIOS for your processor.
I would say check BIOS, long time ago I had the same problem but with too high voltage for CPU, I lowered it manually and it started working. After BIOS update it detected CPU correctly.

I think a BIOS flash would be the best thing to try before I start worrying about issues such as the heatsink not being fitting correctly or core voltage set too high.

You can hunt for all the answers you can find, that's fine with me. However, I've already gave you the Correct Answer. You may not like it, but that won't change anything. A Bios flash is not going to help you! In fact, if you attempt to flash your bios and the system BSOD again you'll wind up needing a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom