BSOD help needed. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default BSOD help needed.

the first screen when you start it up says

we apologize for the inconvenience but Windows didnt start successfully a recent harware or sofeware change might have caused this.

than it goes to a blue screen which says

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart ur computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps, check to be sure you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, diable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters. check with your harware vendor for any BIOS updates. disable BIOS memory options shuch as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. press F8 to select advanced startup options and than select safe mode. technical information
Stop: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0x8053355e, 0xf889550c, 0xf8895208)

i just did a disk clean up and i know i have plenty of space availiable. and i tried the F8 start up and no matter what i select it goes back to the above message.
Ive googled the error message but dont get ANYTHING for the last 2.
Im pretty sure this is a registry error but wanna get some opinions before I commit. Im gonna have to use install disk, CHKDSK & FDISK right?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: BSOD help needed.

How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP

That gives detailed information about your problem.
Causes and solutions.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: BSOD help needed.

That is only relevant if the OP is running WinXP.

0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT indicates a breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.

If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the system was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure that a kernel debugger is connected and the system is started with the /DEBUG switch.

That will be for any system including Vista/Win7.

I would say for use use chkdsk /r /f on the drive. FDisk is not going to serve any purpose. That is a partition manager and wont be of any good.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread