BSOD FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

I mean is it a good idea to mix one of my current corsair vengeance sticks that work with one of those. Basically is it a good idea to mix and match ram?

I could just get this kit and go with just them for a while and if everything stabalizes and I don't get anymore blue screens for a few weeks I may add the remaining stick that is good back in and have a total of 12gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

Last edited:
DDR3 is pretty forgiving, unlike the old days with DDR2 where you pretty much had to max everything exactly. As long as it's close as far as timings, etc. it should be fine.

To update on this I tested both sticks individually in all the slots for about 6 hours or until an error comes up just to rule out bad slots. I seem to only get an error with both sticks in each individually showed no error even after 6 hours. I am thinking of this ram as a replacement since g skill was recommended. The original one I posted a few days ago has skyrocketed in price for some reason. I just hope my motherboard is not the issue or my graphics card but the motherboard would be a supreme pain in the but to sort out

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL - Newegg.com

Hi,

I have been getting this too, and contrary to expectations, I suspect that it is *not* a hardware or memory problem, particularly because I've started getting the same problem, and at roughly the same time. I suspect that there is something in Windows 10 which is doing something nasty to memory, and it seems specifically to be shown up as corrupted pages in the FS cache. I found it tends to happen quite a lot when using readyboost / superfetch, which caches quite a lot of FS data in kernel memory.

My solution was to not use USB drive for readyboost (which you won't be doing), disable the superfetch service (My Computer > Manage > Services),, and wait for windows 10 to be a bit more stable. It looks like a H/W problem, but I suspect it isn't - there's probably some random driver somewhere that occasionally writes garbage over bits of kernel memory. You'll see it in filesystem caching components first because they have the biggest memory footprint.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare machine here otherwise I'd connect a kernel debugger. I'm looking at a full size dump file to see if I can see what the nature of the corruption is, but trawling through page tables in a pain in the backside.

MH.

Back
Top Bottom