BSOD error "Not Less or Equal"

ryanhostetler

Baseband Member
I have been having BSOD errors for most of the two or three years I've had my computer. I tried, unsuccessfully, to pinpoint the problem a couple years ago and would now like to give it another shot. I am not an extremely tech savvy person, so I will need explicit instructions on what need to do and how to gather and post dump info an whatnot. The BSODs are usually "Not Less or Equal," although I sometimes get "Bad Pool Header" BSODs as well as others.

Last edited:
Check to see if your PC created crash dump files, and if so upload them here.

C:\Windows\Minidump

I just tried to attach both the individual .dmp files as well as a compressed folder containing all of them and I get a message from Tech Forums that they are the wrong file type. ???

I just tried to attach both the individual .dmp files as well as a compressed folder containing all of them and I get a message from Tech Forums that they are the wrong file type. ???

Copy all the info in the files into a quote on here, individually

I figured it out. I was trying to upload it in the video attachment area. Here are the most recent three.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    78.7 KB · Views: 3
Also, strangely enough, there are only .dmp files for a two month period of 2012 in the folder, which I find strange.

I dont think you can, you have to use dump check

How to use Dumpchk.exe to check a Memory Dump file

Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
is what I use

The bugchecks in those 3 dump files:
6/5/12: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0a) - Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers)
6/4/12: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (0x50) - Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Windows Debuggers)
6/4/12: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x3b) - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Windows Debuggers)

So... because of 0x50, I'd suggest checking your RAM for errors. Also, if you haven't done so, because of 0x3b, update your graphics drivers.

To check your RAM: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Download the ISO, burn it to a disc with something like ImgBurn, and then boot off of the disc. Let it run for a minimum of 4 hours (the longer the better - overnight is recommended). If there are ANY errors at all, then you need to test each stick individually to see which stick has the errors. If/when you identify a faulty RAM module, replace it.

Back
Top Bottom