BSOD during gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I just got the game Rainbow Six Vegas today, and instantly went to play it. The first session, I got through for about 15min or so, and then suddenly the game froze for a second, and the audio froze.
then i got the bsod. so i was like "hmm, maybe just a lil mistake"

So i restarted my computer and yada yada. This time, I only played for like 4 minutes and then the same error. This time, I got the info:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xA8E46BCE, 0xBAA8770C, 0x00000000)
RtkHDAud.sys -- Address A8E46BCE base at A8CFE000, Datestamp 467ba10a

Please help me. I wantt o beat Rainbow Six Vegas :(

do you play any other games?

BSOD's are generally related to unstable computer componenents, is your cpu/ram overclocked?

nothing overclocked. i dunno if it affects it, but leaving your computer on for like 5 days straight?

i play an mmorpg, but i have two mmorpg windows on window mode.

i played a little bit of command and conquer 3 (demo) a couple times with no bsod.

rainbow six vegas was the most recent game i played when bsod occurred. i do remember, however, i put settings at max for the game, and i noticed i was receiving horrible fps, so i turned the quality down and yeah it worked fine, but 5 min after that i got the bsod.

Looking at your system's specs in your signature, I assume you meet the system requirements for the game. What kind of cooling method are you using? Also, have you installed any new drivers for any new devices recently?

I've had a similar problem where I installed a scanner and the drivers for that were conflicting with my graphics card driver. But it didn't crash right away as I would have thought for any sort of conflict. (I hear Window's has a thing where memory addresses become static after a while so I just reinstalled the graphics driver and it was assigned a new memory address).

actually i think it works now (i was playing for like 1 hr 30 min before i went to bed). i did some research prior to this and RtkHDAud.sys was a driver (realtek) that i needed to update.

Yeah, the scenario I described was the problem. Update/reinstall the driver and it will have a new memory address that won't conflict.

i have dualcore 3ghz, 512md ddr2 ram, xfx nvidia 7600gt 256mb, intel 946gzis mobo. is this enough to play games like fear, halflife2, ghost recon advanced warfighter... sum1 told me its good enough.... but why is tat whn i try to play such games it seems to lag for 1-3 seconds and then gets back to normal eg. when i try 2 fire shots games lag for abut 2-3 seconds and gets back to normal. even when i go to new unexplored areas in the game it lags but when i go back it explored areas it doesnt lag.... is due to low ram or sumthing else to capture somthing new i think my graphis card if good enough i think so.. why does advanced warfighter lags even though i got the dvd free with the graphics card when i purchased it, it shud work well. there is no option but play games in 800x640 rather than 1024x800 resolution which slightly reduces the laging part..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom