BSoD due to Keyboard and Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyann

Beta member
I got the BSoD just after installing XP's Service Pack 3. At first I was not worried, presuming that the error would be easily fixed. After adjusting hardware configurations I pinpointed the problem, my keyboard and my mouse. My first thought was to try another set, however that did nothing to help. If I have them unplugged as Windows loads I get to the profiles screen unscaved, but as soon as I plug either in all I see is blue. Safe Mode isn't bringing much more of a help either; I get exactly the same error each way I tackle it.

It could be my USB ports, however I have had my printer connected through this entire charade and it has never caused trauma.

My specific error code is "Stop:0x000000FC".

If anyone can give me any leads to fixing this problem it would be incredibly appreciated.

Sounds likely to be a Windows driver problem. Either the USB or keyboard drivers. Have you tried disconnecting everything else from the computer except the power, monitor, keyboard and mouse?

Service Pack 3 Blue Screen (BSoD) -- STOP: 0X000000FC (OXBA5038E8 OX0A446963 XBA503848 0X00000001) - TechNet Forums
Error message after you upgrade a computer that uses a processor other than an Intel processor to Windows XP Service Pack 2 or to Windows XP Service Pack 3: "STOP: 0x0000007E"
Search Results

There are many results for this. Just depends on which service caused the crash. Does it give a name like logitech.sys or something like that? If so that is the service that caused the crash and has to be fixed via Safe Mode.

^ Said he can't get into safe mode. I've put SP3 on so many computers I've built now and never had a problem once. Just seems funny so many people have problems.

Also have you tried using the LKGC (Last Known Good Configuration) option?

I've tried LKGC and no luck there. If I turn off USB Controllers in System Setup and then go through the process of booting up with everything plugged in its fine so I am pretty sure I know what the problem is.

Will try updating my BIOS (in the process of learning how :p, I am kind of new at this, any guidence would be thanked).

They've made it a fairly easy process on newer boards. Just pop a floppy in with the flash files on it and away you go. Some even come with a GUI now.

I don't have a floppy drive...any way to do it from CD?

I have a feeling this problem is out of my depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom