Bsod: Driver_corrupted_mmpool - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Bsod: Driver_corrupted_mmpool

Okay, last night I was playing World of Warcraft as usual, for about 4 hours (not unusual), and all of a sudden my computer restarts. I wait for it to boot up again, goes through windows XP, and right as it starts to load the start-up programs, it restarts again.

Thinking a fan had stopped working and my compy had overheated, I turned it off for the night. Logging back in the morning, it restarted as soon as the start-up programs started loading. And it kept restarting there. Eventually it went through a disk check, and after that the entire Windows XP didn't even load. It just froze after the boot up sequence. I tried to boot in safe mode but my computer just restarted again.

Well, anyway, I did a complete system recovery (backup), where it put all my old stuff into a back up folder while it re-installed WinXP. My computer fully booted up this time. After installing some of the updates, getting my new video card drivers, etc, I restart my computer, and boot it up again. I log into World of Warcraft, and sure enough, five minutes later my computer restarts.

None of my fans are broken; I'm running a GEFORCE 6800XT and I checked the temperature gauge for my computer while playing... everything was normal, 40-50c except for the card which was 75c (a little above normal).

So now here I am, sitting typing this message, unable to play a game because of this error. Also, here is the specific details of the BSOD that I wrote down.
Stop: 0x0000000D0 (0x0001747A,0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80549988)

I have no idea what's going on, but about 5 days ago my computer was shut down multiple times by the power going out. I heard that this can cause problems in the hardware. I skimmed the mother board and didn't find any blown capacitors, but I have no idea if it's drivers, hardware, RAM, or anything at all.

Can someone please help me out?

EDIT: Also it randomly restarts when not in any games, but it happens 100% of the time while in games.
Closed Thread