BSOD on Driver Install

Riznarf

In Runtime
Hey All -

I just did a fresh install on Windows on my rig and went to install graphics drivers (570 GTX - non-beta drivers straight from the website)

About halfway through the install process the screen goes black (expected, I know) but then gets all these artifacts and sometimes BSODs. I then tried booting in safe mode and uninstalling with DDU and re-installing again; same problem.

I tried the same rig with a different: mobo, gpu, psu, and HDD, all the same problem.

Anyone have any bright tips?

What BSOD are you getting? Upload the minidumps if you have them.

Its 99.9% giving me a black screen + artifacts - cant get it to reproduce the BSOD....sorry for not being more helpful :-( When I did get it, I'm pretty sure it was the .sys one related to the drivers - hence the DDU, but that didn't seem to help squat.

If you can get into Windows at all, upload the Minidump files under:
C:\Windows\Minidump

If you have on-board graphics, take your 570 out and try to boot into Windows. If you can get in that way, you should be able to get to those files Carnage is asking for. Additionally, make sure your chip set is updated.

Hey All -

So, I can boot into windows with the GPU in - but without any drivers installed its really low resolution. When I try to install, I get a black screen/artifacts, and then windows reboots.

Chipset is updated to latest version.

Trying to upload to .dmp file, but it says its an invalid filetype...ideas?

Thanks!

Hey All -

So, I can boot into windows with the GPU in - but without any drivers installed its really low resolution. When I try to install, I get a black screen/artifacts, and then windows reboots.

Chipset is updated to latest version.

Trying to upload to .dmp file, but it says its an invalid filetype...ideas?

Thanks!

Put it/them in a ZIP file and upload that way.

Back
Top Bottom