BSOD after a processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagnozzi

In Runtime
STOP 0x0000000A (00000004, 0000001C, 00000001, 805016BA)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I occasionally get this Blue Screen of Death, usually a couple times a day. This has only happened since I upgraded my Celeron D 3.2GHz to a Pentium D 3.4GHz CPU.

My intel board is FULLy compatiable with this CPU, I called Intel to verify. Does anyone suggest that I re-install XP? Maybe something is goofed up now in the OS since I changed CPUs?

Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. secondly would be bad RAM.

try switching your ram to cancel out ram. and maybe go into your cmos to check if your cpu is over heating or download a program called speedfan this program will tell u if your cpu is overheating.

RAM is good, already ran memtest86. Speedfan costs money, would prefer if it was freeware...it only BSODs every 8-10 hours...seems like it wouldn't be overheatings, especially since it doesn't BSOD when I'm playing FFXI or other CPU-intensive applications/games....I'll try to find something to monitor in the meantime...thanks

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SpeedFan.shtml

thats the site for speedfan it is freeware...

even though memtest passed your ram i would still try different ram to cancel it out this error is usually a ram problem.. another thing u can try is to update all your drivers mobo, sound, vid etc.

if that dont work. i would suggest doing a repair from the xp cd. just boot from the cd and choose repair instead of install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom