BSOD after memory upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech-man

In Runtime
Hi,
I have bought a new ram, (1 gb, PC 2700, 1 stick)..but after installing it on motherboard[GA-8SR533P] along with old ones( 2 512MB modules PC2700), I get BSOD couple of seconds after login..well, I took memtest for those two and 15 pass no error, and on 1GB module I went up to 6 pass no error.. but when I had put all three and memtest around 450 errors on 1st pass, I don't know what's going with it..?? Any help appreciated, thanks..

EDIT: Interesting thing is that, I though let me try liveCD. I did, and even linux would not show BSOD, It'd log out..and come to login screen..!!

Well I looked at the manual for this board and it looks like it should work. Have you tried to reset your BIOS after installing this chip.
Not that you should have to but you could try it out. Is this board capable of dual channel memory. If so make sure the set that you had first is set in the dual channel slots if there a matched set. And put the new one in the other slot.

Your mobo supports up to 2Gbs of 333Mhz ram, having the max amount in there (in such an old board too) could be causing it to fail. try with the new stick and just one of the older ones in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom